Wednesday, May 23, 2012

T Minus 1 Day Until My Mid-Treatment Scan

I have my first mid-treatment CT scan tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed! I have a good feeling about it, but like I said in previous posts, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. For anyone who is curious about CT scans: CT stands for Computerized Tomography. It's a method that uses X-rays from many angles to make cross-sectional images of bones and soft tissues throughout the body. CT scans are the standard imaging method for assessing lymphoma, which has a very characteristic appearance in the CT images. While I will always have scar tissue from the tumors, the hope is that the scan will show significant tumor shrinkage.

The past week has been great! One of my closest friends, Shawn, visited from Seattle for a long weekend. We got some much needed girl time, went out to eat, and had a great time playing with Zachary. We even made her suffer through all of our family videos, hehe. Her visit was a nice reminder of the normalcy I look forward to getting back to...

Monday was the first day since the beginning of February that Jason and I were on our own. We have had a constant stream of family and friends drive and fly out to take care of me and Zachary, for which we are eternally grateful. But, I have to admit, it feels wonderful to have the townhouse to ourselves. Unfortunately, it means that Zachary has to be at daycare the entire week (I can't have him home while I'm alone since I can't change his diaper after the intestinal infection fiasco). I'm pretty sure I miss Zachary more than he misses me though! He has a BLAST playing with his friends at Samina's (an in-home daycare we use in our neighborhood). As soon as I drop him off, he gives me a kiss and says bye in the sweetest little voice that can't help but remind me how quickly he's growing up. I love that little guy so much!

Zachary (and Jason and I!) will be very excited on Friday when his grandparents (Jason's mom and dad) and his Great-Grandma Bev come for a visit. They'll be staying for Memorial Day weekend, and then Jason's mom will continue to stay with us until mid-June. As much as it sucks to go through this, it's been a blessing to be able to spend so much time with family and friends. I'm still a bit in awe how people are willing to drop their own lives to spend significant amounts of time helping us. Not only do the visits help me, but they also give Zachary a chance to spend quality time with his extended family.

Check back tomorrow for my scan update. I'll be sure to post as soon as I get home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment