Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Still Use Shampoo

Between the sympathetic glances of strangers, I try to find normal. It shows up in odd places: in the smell of freshly cut grass, in the random telemarketing call during dinner, or in the scent and feel of shampoo.

I’m thankful that I’ve had nearly six great days in a row. With the exception of baldness, I’ve felt relatively normal for the past week. On Saturday, Jason and I decided to do a date night, which was wonderful. We saw a matinee movie and then went restaurant hopping in Old Town Alexandria. One fondue, six Spanish tapas, two cupcakes, and one coffee later, I was fat and happy! The night felt normal.

If such a luxurious night felt normal, I guess I’ve been one lucky girl my entire life.  

3 comments:

  1. Great news!!!! We hope you have another wonderful date this weekend too!!
    Jared & Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Shana, I'm so glad you can get out and enjoy some fun time with Jason. You're doing an awesome job of keeping a positive attitude. We are constantly thinking about and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete